Are you ready for your next adventure? Join our NEW Challenge Event Fundraiser walking from Frankston to Cape Schanck, April 30 to May 2 2021.
An event to raise awareness and engage women in fitness, health and wellbeing activities to inspire, empower and transform their lives.
- Total distance of 70km. The terrain will include hills, uneven ground, trails, boardwalks and footpaths.
- To complete the distance, walkers will need to walk between 4-6 hours per day, approximately 20-25kms per day.
- Daily start points and finish points of the route will be advised.
- Start times will be staggered as required to maintain COVID-19 compliance.
- A one-way shuttle service will be provided daily (Sunday 2nd May includes morning & afternoon shuttle).
- Complimentary access to the Saturday night Women’s Circle Event is included with registration (to be at Kangerong Holiday Park, Dromana).
- Catered dinner provided on Friday & Saturday evenings at Kangerong Holiday Park.
- The event is open to all women aged 18 and over. We encourage family members wishing to support event participants to accompany them on their training walks and they can sign up for Strava too.
women's circle event
- Motivational Women Speakers and inspiring soulful entertainment and dinner on Saturday evening 1st May 2021.
- Guest speakers; Cath Wallace, RAW Travel Ambassador and Extraordinary Adventurer. Other prominent speakers to be announced.
- Included in registration costs and held at Kangerong Caravan Park, Dromana.
- Event participants are invited to book a camping site at Kangerong Holiday Park, Dromana (Friday 30th April & Saturday 1st May).
- Participants will be required to pay for their own campsite.
- The cost of camping is not included in the event registration fee.
- Further booking information will be provided in the event details email.
- To prepare for the event participants will be invited to participate in training walks led by WSP volunteers. Dates to be announced.
- Walks will be at various locations intended to support you to prepare yourself physically and mentally, to try out your equipment and to connect with other walkers.
- Training Walks will be advertised on the Why Women Walk Facebook page and on the WSP Strava Club noticeboard.
April 30 to May 2 2021
- Walk 70km over three days
- Limited spots; up to 120 walkers
- Open to all women over 18 years of age
- Participation fee: $250 to cover WSP t-shirt & hoodie, Friday & Saturday night dinner, Women’s Circle event, pre-event training walks, one-way daily shuttle service, insurance, permits and administration support associated with running the event
- Personal costs such as food (except dinner), accommodation and equipment are the responsibility of the participant.
- Pre-walk support provided virtually via our Facebook page, Strava Club and through training walks.
- Deposit: $75 to secure your spot payable by date to be announced. A payment plan and limited supported spots will be available on application (payment process in development).
- Outstanding fee: $175 due by date to be announced.
- Complete Sign Up form below
- You will be directed to the payment page to make your $75 deposit to secure your spot
- Receive confirmation email
- Receive event details email with further information
- Future updates will be provided via email and on our Facebook page
- If you are not already a member please join our Why Women Walk Facebook page
- Pay outstanding fee by date to be announced
covid 19 restrictions
- The Women’s Spirit Project takes the COVID-19 Health restrictions seriously and all activities will be undertaken in compliance with the government restrictions that apply for the duration of the event and training walks.
- All training walks and the event will be COVID-19 safe, the Women’s Spirit Project will develop a COVID-19 safe plan, in accordance with Dept of Health and Human Services COVID-19 guidelines around group numbers, density and masks.
- All participants will be required to commit to NOT attending events if they are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms. If symptoms develop during training/the event participants will be required to advise WSP Volunteers and leave the event immediately.
- The walk is subject to change (including date/route/numbers in a group) dependent on COVID-19 restrictions
- If the walk is unable to go ahead on the proposed date due to COVID-19 restrictions you will have the option to have your deposit refunded or held for the rescheduled date.
- More information about restrictions can be found on the DHHS website https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-1
Frank to Schanck Challenge Why Women Walk 2021 Sign up form
Terms and Conditions
In registering for The Why Women Walk Frank to Schanck event from 30th April to 2nd May 2020, an event of the Women’s Spirit Project (incorporated as The Motivation Project), I agree to the terms and conditions.
- The decision to participate in the Why Women Walk Event is entirely my own and I understand that walking is a potentially hazardous activity. I attest that I will be physically fit prior to undertaking the Why Women Walk Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment that may cause me injury or death during, or as a consequence, of my participation
- I am aware that the Why Women Walk event involves walking a total distance of 70km over three consecutive days, including over uneven terrain, inclines and declines and that this requires walking for up to 5 hours per day. I accept it is my responsibility to train for this event and ensure I am physically and mentally fit to participate. I am responsible for organising my own overnight accommodations and providing my own equipment for walking and carrying my own day pack items including my own breakfast, lunch and water.
- I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation in the Why Women Walk Event, including but not limited to, loss of life or permanent injury. I agree, in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Why Women Walk Event for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators, to hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which could, would or might arise out of my death or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever that I may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent upon my entry or participation in the Event or as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the Women’s Spirit Project, their authorised representatives or any other party involved in the Why Women Walk Event.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be (and operate separately) in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved, or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging the Why Women Walk Event (including but not limited to the Women’s Spirit Project) and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, servants, representatives, promoters, sponsors and volunteers, including the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
USE OF NAME
- I consent to the publication and/or use of my name, image, challenge result or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or Why Women Walk Event result in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this Event, in any form of media and social media whatsoever including advertising and promotions for future Women’s Spirit Project events, or for any legitimate purpose without payment or compensation).
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to ensure that I am familiar with and abide by the COVID-19 restrictions and advice set out by the Victorian State Government (or my relevant jurisdiction if outside of Victoria).
- I commit to NOT attending training walks or the events if I am experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms. If symptoms develop during training/the event I will advise WSP Volunteers and leave the event immediately.
The Women’s Spirit Project takes the COVID-19 Health restrictions seriously and all activities will be undertaken within the government restrictions that apply at the time of participation and in accordance with our COVID safe plan. More information about restrictions can be found on the DHHS website https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
I acknowledge that the Women’s Spirit Project reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Why Women Walk Event at any time.
I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the Women’s Spirit Project at [email protected]
- Privacy Statement: The Women’s Spirit Project and its authorised representatives respect and value the privacy of all participants and the information we collect about Why Women Walk Event participants. As the organisers of the Why Women Walk Event, the Women’s Spirit Project and its authorised representative collect information about participants for the administration and conduct of the Why Women Walk Event. Information collected will be securely stored on our database. By entering this Why Women Walk Event, you consent to your personal information being provided and used as outlined above. You further consent to receiving information and marketing material from the Women’s Spirit Project and its authorised representatives.
- I declare that all the information supplied by me on the entry form is true and correct.