The First Ever Women's Spirit Project Pilot Has Been Delivered.
Run across 15 months the pilot project’s achievements have been numerous and outstanding, with many firsts for the community and the state.:
- Delivered a 20 week fitness, health and wellbeing program from November 2018 to June 2019
- Engaged 30 women
- Recruited 17 vulnerable women from Frankston and surrounding communities who participated in the 20 week program
- Attracted 13 local women as mentors and working group members who contributed 120 days/900 hours to help execute the project.
- Supported the women to build a range of protective factors in their life: increased connectedness, self- esteem, physical self-perception and resilience.
In addition to this we raised in excess of $160,000 through in-kind and financial sponsorship including:
- $50k Victorian Government Pick My Project grant
- $58,000 from local businesses
- $52,000 from Monash Uni towards the Evaluation.
But the greatest achievement belongs to the 24 women who completed the challenging 67km trek from Frankston to Cape Schanck. Moving forward the Women’s Spirit Project looks to the next stage – developing a sustainable model that supports a greater number of women in Victoria who are doing it tough, to find their voice and their way.
The whole team want to thank all those that supported the program and hope those relationships continue as the Women’s Spirit Project transforms – from the chrysalis of an idea in 2018 to a beautiful buttery that can spread its wings and fly
Documentary And Evaluation Event
The Women’s Spirit Project invites you to attend the documentary and evaluation launch of “Our Story So Far” – showcasing the success of this transformational program for the women from Frankston and surrounding communities.